The Wake and District Public Safety Pipes and Drums is investing in the next generation of pipers and drummers; young people working hard to improve piping and drumming quality, as well as promote Scottish culture and tradition. We are striving to make funding available (for piping and drumming camps) to those who may not otherwise be able to attend due to financial reasons.
The band has created the Spirit of the South Scholarship for EUSPBA pipers and drummers 18 years of age and younger who share our spirit and love of this tradition. We will award $1200 in scholarships based on criteria which will be evaluated from the the application questionnaire.
The scholarship committee is comprised of leaders in the Southern branch of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association piping and drumming community including:
- Jerry Finegan – EUSPBA judge and member of the G3 Atlanta Pipe Band
- Ken McKeveny – EUSPBA judge and pipe major of the G3 Wake and District Pipe Band
- Robert Minnear – EUSPBA judge and pipe major of the G3 Atlanta Pipe Band
- Sally Warburton – EUSPBA judge and member of the G3 Grandfather Mountain Pipe Band
- Billy Gehringer – D/Sgt of the G3 SAU pipe band and member of the G1 78th Fraser Highlanders
Candidates are advised to submit their applications along with a letter of recommendation from an instructor. Additional supporting materials such as multimedia links are welcome.
The deadline for applications is May 15th.
Scholarship awards will be announced by May 30th.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Good luck and best wishes for your successful piping or drumming endeavors!
For more information about this topic, please contact Wake and District by calling 919.374.8166 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Facebook Comments