And so it begins…the high holy season of all things St. Patrick. As we prepare to embrace the shenanigans – we wanted to take a moment to congratulate a friend of the band, Kelly McGrath O’Doherty, who is this year’s GRAND MARSHALL for the Raleigh St. Patrick’s Day Parade. We wish we could join you in celebrating Kelly, but the beaches of South Carolina are calling. There will be no Wake and District appearances in the RDU over the weekend of the 10th – 13th.
A large contingent of the band is hitting the road Friday, 11 March to lead the 28th annual North Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, 12 March; the parade steps off at 9:00 am. After the parade skirl of the pipes and war beat of the drum will fill the Main Stage (at 12:45 pm). Once finished, we continue our South Carolina tour on Hilton Head Island where we are honored to be a part of the 33rd Annual Hilton Head Island St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday, 13 March 2016 at 3:00 pm.
We will be back in Raleigh for the high holy day (March 17th). Here is a list of times and locations you can find us:
- 6:00 pm @ Piper’s Tavern — 8304 Falls of Neuse, Raleigh
- 7:00 pm @ Hibernian North Raleigh — 8021 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh
- 6:30 pm @ Bull McCabes — 427 West Main Street, Durham
- 8:00 pm @ Rally Point Sport — 837 Bass Pro Lane, Cary
- 8:00 pm @ The Raleigh Beer Garden — 614 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh
- 8:15 pm @ Hibernian Glenwood — 311 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh
- 9:10 pm @ London Bridge — 110 E Hargett Street, Raleigh
- 9:30 pm @ City Market — 215 Wolfe Street, Raleigh
City Market is our last stop for the evening, and coincidentally the site of the LARGEST ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY in Raleigh! This event is an Annie Nice nOg production. The party starts at 3:00 pm and goes til 1:00 am. Admission is a mere 5 bucks. Check out this lineup:
- 3.30pm Gerry McCrudden (yea, he’s terrible, we know)
- 5.00pm Inis Cairde Irish Dance (move your arms already)
- 5.45pm LOQC Academy of Irish Dance (no, really, move your arms)
- 6.30pm James Oden (is this guy a bear?!)
- 8.00pm Pamlico: Irish and Appalachian Music (ok)
- 9.30pm Wake & District Pipes & Drums (they suck)
- 10.15pm Tan & Sober Gentlemen (brace yourselves)
As you see us out and about – PLEASE take photos and post video and use the hashtag #RaleighPipeBand or #Boo
And…whatever you do…don’t feed the pipers.
Powered by Facebook Comments