On Monday, 04 August 2014 members of Wake and District cancelled regular rehearsal in order to play the pipes|drums for a special fundraiser hosted by the Carolina Brotherhood, which took place at Crank Arm Brewery in Raleigh. The Carolina Brotherhood was formed as a means to provide both emotional and financial support for the families of those lost in the line of duty in the Carolinas. They are a cycling group comprised totally of firefighters, police officers, and emergency personnel from throughout North and South Carolina; they ride in the name of our fallen brothers and sisters from the Carolinas. Wake and District was honored to play a few tunes in celebration of their journey.
This year’s ride honors the 10 first responders from North and South Carolina who laid down their lives in the line of duty last year.
- Chief Scott Morrison- Knotts Island Volunteer FD, NC
- Firefighter Tony Baker- Mountain View Volunteer FD, NC
- Captain David Heath- New Hanover County Fire Rescue, NC
- Firefighter Jon Schondelmayer- Swift Creek Rural FD. NC
- Chief Jeffery Fields- Youngsville Volunteer FD, NC
- Police Officer Robert Bingaman- Asheville PD, NC
- Firefighter Michael Broz- Dorchester County FD, SC
- Chief Rodney Hardee- Loris, SC
- Deputy Sheriff Joseph Antwine- Florence County SO, SC
- Deputy Sheriff Tim Causey- Horry County SO, SC
The ride started Raleigh, NC on August 5th and will conclude 5 days later in Charleston, SC covering approximately 500 miles.
Powered by Facebook Comments