On Saturday, 25 April 2015 members of the Wake and District Pipe Band headed out to Tir Na nOg — not to play the pipes and drums — rather, to shave their heads to raise money for childhood cancer research (raising over $2500 for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation)!
Did you know that kids’ cancers are different from adult cancers? It’s true. And childhood cancer research is extremely underfunded. So we decided to do something about it by raising money for cures. You can still donate here.
A HUGE shout-out to our Team Captain (and Big Toe) Kristopher Stuart, for organizing the merriment. Drum Sergeant Patrick O’Leary raised the most funds with $520.00. And BRAVO to our newest tenor drummer — Martina Murphy for going under the clippers and shaving her head!
Here is a list of all the members of team Wake and District:
- Kris Stuart, Team Captain — head and beard shaved
- Patrick O’Leary – head and beard shaved
- Chris Stevens – BEARD SHAVED
- Hamish Stevens – head shaved
- Jeff Rogers – beard shaved
- Jeremy Egen – BIG head of hair shaved
- Dyand Radford – head and sort of a beard shaved
- Joe Brady – grey hair removed
- Martina Murphy – head shaved!!!
#StBaldricks – #Shavee – #GoBald – #BaldSelfie – #ConquerKidsCancer
Powered by Facebook Comments