Life is all about turning points. Some people don’t embrace them, because they fear change – but over more than 30 years in pipe band life, I’ve learned to see shifts in success and forks in the road as huge opportunities (unless it’s the point during massed bands where we have to turn around and avoid great bodily harm to one another).
Turning points, while they often come from moments of darkness, can steer us in the direction.
To encourage you to view change as a means for progression, here are Richard Branson’s top 10 quotes on turning points:
- “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.” – Maya Angelou
- “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” – Jim Rohn
- “Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.” – Hayley Williams
- “The direction of your focus is the direction your life will move. Let yourself move toward what is good, valuable, strong and true.” – Ralph Marston
- “You have to always be ready, always be alive, and always be willing to move in a new direction.” – Kevin Spacey
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “In a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” – Warren Buffett
Powered by Facebook Comments