Home / Band News / Campbell 2012 Winter Graduation

 

On Saturday, 15 December 2012 members of Wake & District had the distinct honor to begin the opening ceremonies for the Campbell University 2012 Winter Graduation.  Thank you to all the members who came out to play this event – especially Brian Egen who stepped up to play bass (he normally plays snare); well done one and all.

Brian Egen on bassCampbell University was founded as Buies Creek Academy on January 5, 1887, by James Archibald Campbell, a North Carolina preacher who believed that no student should be denied admission because of lack of funds. In 1926, the school attained junior college status and changed its name from Buies Creek Academy to Campbell Junior College. In 1961, Campbell became a senior college. The name was changed to Campbell University on June 6, 1979.

The Campbell mascot is a Camel – photo above of piper Megan Amorosi Baker giving the fighting camel a kiss…

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments