From Amy Rees Anderson — “Become what inspires you.” What a GREAT quote! I guess I have never thought of it like that before so when I saw that quote I had to share it.
We have to start by asking ourselves “What inspires us?” I asked myself that question and then I sat down and started typing up a list of what qualities people have that inspire me. A few of the things I wrote on my list include:
- People who live with integrity at all times and in all circumstances.
- People who stand up for what they believe and are proud and happy to do it.
- People who are optimistic.
- People who are willing to try, even when they know they might fail. They try anyway.
- People who give 100% in everything they do.
- People who set and achieve their goals.
- People who make an effort to change world for the better.
- People who aren’t afraid of what other people think and who are willing to be fun and be silly and be real because they give everyone else permission to have fun and be silly too.
- People who are kind to others and who go out of their way to make others feel included.
- People who care what most what God thinks and focus on making Him proud rather than worrying about making others proud.
- People who know who they are and what they stand for, at all times, and in all places.
- People who are leaders that lead through helping others to excel.
Those are just a few of the things that came to mind in the exercise. I loved doing this because it really helped me to visualize more of what I need to become if I am going to become what inspires me.
I loved the quote today and I love the call to action it provides. If you have time today sit and make a list of what qualities inspire you and then figure out what you can start doing to become those things.
Have an inspired weekend everyone!
Amy Rees Anderson is the Managing Partner and Founder of REES Capital, an an angel firm that provides entrepreneurs and business executives’ support and guidance. Amy is also an author and serves as a weekly contributor to Forbes and the Huffington Post.
Powered by Facebook Comments