1. Great Location — Raleigh is centrally located with easy access to everywhere in the Triangle area. Raleigh is among the best places to live, start a business, raise a family, and earn a world-class education. The Triangle area is only a few hours from the mountains or the sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean.
2. World Class Health Care — Keeping your family healthy is important. The Triangle is an international center of medical care and research and has one of the highest concentrations of doctors and hospitals. Major health care providers include WakeMed, Rex Healthcare, Duke Raleigh Hospital in Wake County, Duke University/Medical Center and UNC Hospitals. These hospitals consistently rank among the highest in the nation.
3. The Road to Higher Education —Whether you are looking for high quality education for your children or yourself, we have it! The Wake County Public School System continually ranks as one of the best in the country and is one of the primary reasons relocating families choose to live in Raleigh. If you would like more information, just give us a call. We would be happy to provide all of the latest school information. The Triangle area is also home to several world class universities, Duke University, University of North Carolina and North Carolina State University. The entire Triangle has 18 colleges, universities and community colleges and has the highest concentration of PhD’s in the country!
4. Career/Business Opportunities –– Raleigh NC consistently ranks as one of the best places to work and start a business. Thanks to the diverse economic base, our residents can choose to work in a wide variety of industries. Our 3 largest industries are government, education and health care. In addition, we are internationally known for our industry leading high-tech companies in industries that include biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, computer software and hardware, and textiles.
5. Climate and Recreation — Visitors always comment on how friendly the people are in Raleigh…and why not? we know how good we have it! From Raleigh, the majesticBlue Ridge Mountains are only a few hours to the west and the legendary Outer Banks and beaches along the Atlantic Coast are only a couple of hours to the east. North Carolina is known for its mild weather year round and its four distinct seasons. We usually get a a very small amount of snow each winter so the kids can build their snowman and then the next day it usually melts! Mild weather means year-round outdoor activities whether you like biking, hiking, boating, swimming or sports. What more could you want?
6. Arts and Culture — Raleigh is home to a number of world-class museums that are among the largest and best in the Southeast. In the capital area residents can enjoy the North Carolina Museum of History and The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. Also downtown is the Marbles Kids Museum which offers new exhibits each month for people of all ages to enjoy. If you prefer a night out at the theater, the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts is the place to be. The performing arts center features the Memorial Auditorium, Fletcher Opera Theater and the Meymandi Concert Hall. These are home to the North Carolina Symphony, the North Carolina Theater and The Carolina Ballet. Be sure to visit the North Carolina Museum of Art with its new collections and the 164 acre Museum Park which combines art and nature. The Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek, the Koka Booth Amphitheater in Cary, and the RBC Center provide plenty of opportunity to see exciting live music performances and concerts from your favorite artists.
7. Sports?…Absolutely! — One of our favorite pastimes is cheering for our favorite championship teams. For excitement, look no further than the highly competitive Alantic Coast Conference for action packed college basketball and football teams from Duke, UNC, and NC State. The Triangle area is also home to the NHL Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes, the Carolina Mudcats (AA Baseball affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), the Durham Bulls (AAA Baseball affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays), and the Carolina RailHawks soccer team.!
8. Shop ’til you Drop! — We have everything here from the small boutique shops to the large fantastic malls. Raleigh is a shopper’s paradise with everything from Kohl’s to Brooks Brothers, Nordstrom’s and Saks Fifth Avenue. Between Cary, Raleigh, and Durham, you will find 5 major malls with more than 450 stores. Raleigh has Crabtree Valley Mall, Triangle Town Center, North Hills, and Cameron Village. Durham has its outstanding Streets at Southpointe Mall, and Cary has the Cary Towne Center. If you can’t find it here, it does not exist!
9. Bon Appetite — With 100 restaurants and clubs in downtown Raleigh alone, you can see why it is the place to be. When it comes to nightlife, you will find some of the hottest places around to dance or listen to some of the best live music. Our diverse mix of pubs, breweries and nightclubs are just a few reasons why everyone enjoys our area. We have some of the best restaurants in the South! Enjoy a good steak? Try our Angus Barn, ranked as one of the best steakhouses in America with the most outstanding wine list in the world according to Wine Spectator. How does our famous slow-cooked barbecue, fresh seafood from the coast, or homemade Italian cuisine sound?
10. Golf Galore — When it comes to golf destinations and outstanding golf communities, the state of North Carolina ranks among the most recognized in the country. The best part is that you can golf just about year-round. There is something here for every golfer from Raleigh’s public access courses to Pinehurst’s nationally known courses. Select golf courses in the Raleigh area include the Hale Irwin designed TPC course at Wakefield Plantation, the Tom Fazio designed course at Hasentree, the Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course at the Brier Creek Country Club, and the challenging Heritage Wake Forest golf course.
11. The eminent and infectiously fun – Wake and District Public Safety Pipes and Drums (Raleigh’s pipe band) The band is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with a mission to improve piping and drumming quality, culture and tradition in the region; never compromising people and the art. Established in 2006, the program honors those who sacrifice their lives while serving others; FOR OUR FALLEN is everything they stand for. The the band competes in Grades 3, 4 and 5 and teaches young and old the greatest musical traditions of the bagpipes and drums. Want to join the band? Send us an email – –info@RaleighPipeBand.com
Powered by Facebook Comments